Marisa Kanter: What I Like About You

My POV: Tbh I kinda emerged in this BookCon/OneTruePastry/crazy cupcakes/Kels@Nash fandom and I couldn't stop myself to dig up the OTP and Rex blogs online (not worth your time looking them up, they don't exist! *crying sad face who is trying to console herself with a Sprinkles' Srawberry cupcake).
The saddest part, these teens had a more interesting life going on at the age of 17-18 than I had that time LOL. These high school guys became like mini-book celebrities in no time and I found myself right in the middle of online girlish fandom over books and imaginary worlds and most importantly talking about them with a wide community who share the same interests. I'd totally be one of the 22k followers of Kels AKA Halle on every possible platform if I could. Follower of Comicbooks? not so much, because watch out IRL: I am not a fan of Nash. I mean okay, he is more into books than soccer, and c'mon he is artistic, cute, master of banters and puns. Although, Halle is a big fat liar (I like her though, don't freak out ;) he lied to her and fell for Kels even though he had Halle which is so IRL. It seems boys tend to run after cases that exist only in their heads. Hands up girls, if you agree. RSVP.
So even if Halle was a total bummer in the eyes of Nash, their online friends, her IRL friends, her brother.... re: you can go on with the list, Nash made a mistake too and did not embrace the coolest thing that happened to him, well pretty much, in his entire high school experience. As for Halle, she was hell of a good Kels who didn't slip up once with her little secret during 7 months in front of Nash and the whole Twitter globe. Plus, it is kind of messed up, but I got the explanation behind her actions even if it is total bullshit. As in, her insecurity about people not accepting her true personality, thus, she is keen on hiding behind a fake persona. Let alone the publisher-buzz about her grandmother.
Let's face it, most people think (they happen to end up mostly wrong) that it is their duty to achieve something great without a big gun relative shadowing them, 'cause they feel the pressure to live up to them and they don't fancy the idea of bringing shame to the family, if they don't. Live up to a great legend, IOW. What kept me in the reading flow was that other fascinating and quite extraordinary events I could be a part of. Let's check out the Academy nominated parents directing in Israel or Le Crew or Ollie or the emotional crises of Gramps. All of them have so many aspirations, dreams to come true, and so many things going on in their lives. I just loved watching these events unfolding before my very eyes and devouring the first season of OTP. Episode one: The Blueberry dreams, Episode two: Lemon cupcakes with Deception frosting... Episode 120: the Red Velvet revelation and so on. I don't expect a second season but I keep myself posted if there happens to be one.
EOT: TQ for the book What I Liked about you.
w00t, YMMD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment