Sarah Wolf - Find Me Their Bones

'Here is how my unlife falls apart - one high-heeled step at a time.'

The statement above cannot be more true than right now when Zera's immortal life is a huge entwined net of a mess from which she can hardly flee. As every minute of the first novel (Bring Me Their Hearts) ) cut out a well-designed path into the sequel of the trilogy I desperately returned to the first book for a joyful re-read (and re-drooling). To my utter amazement or dismay? Zera hasn't let me down pertaining to her absolute self-centeredness. I am in two minds about it though. During the fight for the retrieval of her heart, she has confronted and betrayed every possible living being. That's why I cannot wrap my mind around how Lucien still longs for her. I mean she wanted to kill him and make him a monster daa! Busted. He must suffer in some serious anti-self-sustaining state of a fatal disease. I am such a doctor when talking about books haha.

However, I kinda look up to her. She is all-time ready to trample on anybody who comes between her and her heart. It sort of disgusts me that we literally talk about the organ itself btw but I can take it as long as I don't lay my eyes on the actual venal thingy on the screen. What is more, she 'asumes' she doesn't need a man to be whole again and I admire her approach of life. That is the talking girl! Hereby I introduce you a modern Into the woods Snowhite aka Lady Zera Y'shennria. She is a feisty upbeat little heartless, isn't she?

Another thing worth mentioning is where her loyalty lies. She is determined to set out on a mortal journey in order to find Y'shennria and Nightsinger who (by the way) took advantage of her first all the way until their diabolical plan turned to ashes and they needed to flee. Soo I am a little worried about Zera's clear judgment. Or at this point, I call her right mind into question. (Doctor again. See?)

That is also a subtle way to show how difficult relationships are and there is sometimes pink between the black and white. At this point, I need to clarify that pink is the new grey, Soo fancy... ;)

And special thanks for the foul, sordid dub actor - the hunger itself behind Zera's thoughts not being loud this time. I tended to skip those parts in the first book and I was relieved I didn't have to in the sequel. Amen.

P.S.: Who on earth falls in love with someone after two weeks? Only 13-year-old Justin Bieber fan. I love you Justin <3

Rating

5 out of 5. I expected to be blown away. The moment didn't arrive so I am still waiting for my Prince Charm on a strutting stallion to snatch me far away in some wondrous epic YA story. Until then it is a solid yet flickering 5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment