Tahereh Mafi: Restore Me


“I wonder if she knows that I would anything for her.”


I wouldn’t have dreamt of an heir to the Shatter Me series and yet here it comes! Another seething, heart-warming yet cliffhanger sequel which will definitely tug at your heartstrings all along. Juliette, Warner, I welcome you back guys! I missed you so bad....


“…it makes it possible for me to know how deeply Juliette loves me. I can always feel the rush of emotion in her words, in her eyes. The certainty that she would fight for me. Protect me. And knowing this makes my heart feel so full that, sometimes, when we’re together, I can hardly breathe.”

If the twelve years of the madhouse had not been enough, Juliette must face a different kind of crazy. After having shot Aron’s father, the responsibility of governing North America rests on her shoulders. Instead of going to prom, she commands soldiers of this unhinged world of Re-establishment. When she presides meetings of militarization, she would be supposed to worry about next day’s algebra tests. Instead of buying a new dress for her first date, Juliette faces the surrounding conspiracy while realizing it buries her deeper in the mud of treachery and lies.
But this world is not about normalcy any longer. It is about power and domination. And only those will survive who outsmart the others. Juliette is about to figure the whole mess out when she is already betrayed again. Not only by the prominent leaders of the other half of the world, but by Warner himself.

“Juliette will never, ever forgive me, I will lose her. And it will kill me.”

Although, I should say, this dinky lie about her parents are totally forgivable, I mean, he doesn’t even know a clue about her adopted parents let alone her abandoned half-dead sister. Though, the missive is always the one to blame unfortunately. Thus, I would have spared the poor blighter from a severe heartbreaking who, by the way, thinks the sun starts and sets on Juliette. Warren goes off the deep end where I was afraid he wouldn’t be able to come back. I had been travelling on a rollercoaster in the hills and valleys of their relationship, and I have been dropped dead at their flare-up. I was so high at their most intimate moments and so low at their end game. The writing is flat-out genious.

“I only know that the scientists are wrong. The world is flat. I know because I was tossed right off the edge and I’ve been trying to climb back up for seventeen years but it’s nearly impossible to beat gravity when no one is willing to give you a hand. When no one wants to risk touching you.”

At the beginning I was wondering whether the plot takes a war-centered direction full of malevolence and political turn-arounds. But to my greatest pleasure, it was orbiting all along around Juliette and Warner. Both of them are under a lot of emotional pressure putting me under an emotional mess as well as a sea of questions pop up in my mind with the old life of Juliette. Like about her sister, and the experiments in connection with the Unnaturals. How could they contribute to the success of the Reestablishment? How can the regime take advantage of Juliette’s deathly touch? Is Warner would be better leader than her?


I can’t bear this emotional turmoil really. Especially in the end. I don’t get it at all what is happening right now. I want it to continue! Like. Right. Now.

Rating

5 out of 5 (no wonders)

0 comments:

Post a Comment